Organisation: The OPEC Fund for International Development
Job title: Building and Facility Management Analyst (Temporary – One Year)
Reports to: Head, Building and Facility Management
Deadline: 10 June 2022
Vacancy No: 801
The OPEC Fund for International Development
The OPEC Fund for International Development (the OPEC Fund), based in Vienna, Austria, is a development finance institution established in 1976 that supports socio-economic progress in all developing countries other than its own members.
The OPEC Fund works proactively with the international donor community and provides agile solutions to the urgent needs of developing countries, helping to overcome some of the world’s most complex development challenges.
The incumbent provides analytical and professional support to the Head of Building and Facility Management in overseeing the maintenance and facility management of the OPEC Fund’s HQ building(s) and the Director-General's residence; all in accordance with the building and facility management framework, manuals and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing assistance in the day-to-day maintenance and facility management of the OPEC Fund’s HQ building and the Director-General’s residence.
- Analyzes, monitors and reports all project, workflow, inspection and maintenance work related tasks.
- Assists in the coordination of the technical and administrative functions in support of Building and Facility Management in a preventive manner.
- Coordinates and oversees the receipt, processing, and data entry of maintenance, repair and service requests and safety patrols within the Fund’s HQ building and the Director-General’s residence with Building Assistants.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Head, Building and Facility Management.
- Manages relationships with small clients while also helping senior colleagues manage more important client and customer relationships.
- Coordination of the cooperation tasks with IT-Unit.
- Updates and maintains building maps and drawings.
- Collects and updates physical inventory data of the technical systems and maintains inventory records and files, and reports thereon on regular basis.
- Maintains the building related documents in electronic data management system (EDMS).
- Collects, compiles and prepares data for special reports and memorandums.
- Coordinates regular and irregular inspection and maintenance of all technical systems and maintains the related documentation.
- Assists in the preparation of procurement requests for maintenance supplies and purchase contracts for the Fund’s HQ building and the Director-General's residence.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum qualification of a degree plus additional technical certification in Civil / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering / other technical related disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience (building maintenance and facility management).
- Experience in assisting project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German.
- A working knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage.
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established timeframes.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Must be an innovative professional to ensure that the facility runs smoothly.
- He/She must be able to look ahead in order to better understand what the organization will need.
Interested applicants are invited to visit the OPEC Fund’s website at www.opecfund.org for a complete list of Job opportunities detailed descriptions of duties and required qualifications, and information on how and by when to apply.
Due to the expected volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to receiving your application!