Location: Stockholm, Paris or Berlin.
The Local was one of the first publication in the Nordics to specialize in native content, and has gone on to win awards for its campaigns. Now we are looking for a new client content editor with a passion for creating great online content for brands ranging from airlines to universities.
As client content editor you will take responsibility for the whole editorial cycle, from brainstorming ideas, through writing and editing, to monitoring and optimising performance. You will be responsible for producing most content yourself, though you will also sometimes commission and edit work from freelancers.
At the heart of the job will be writing excellent content that speaks to The Local’s community of highly-educated internationals living across Europe.
This job will give you the chance to work with a huge variety of organisations across Europe and around the world, including airlines, universities, government bodies and banks. You will work closely with our sales team, our social media manager and our digital marketing team to ensure that our content delivers impeccable results for our clients.
You will report to the sales director. The role has previously been based in our Stockholm office, but we are open to basing it in our Berlin or Paris offices for the right candidate.
- A talent for writing engaging and accurate journalistic copy in English.
- A passion for storytelling.
- An adaptable style.
- An understanding of The Local’s audience of internationals in Europe.
- A strong client focus.
- An ability to work as part of a team.
- An ability to work independently.
- An ability to work under pressure, and produce large quantities of high-quality content to tight deadlines.
- At least two years experience in an editorial or commercial copywriting role.
- An impeccable English writing style.
- The right to live and work in the EU.
Candidates who speak French, German, Spanish Italian or a Scandinavian language will have an advantage, but speaking one of these languages is not an absolute requirement.
Salary dependent on experience.