Commercial Content Journalist
Are you an accomplished writer with a track record of producing clean, engaging, native-level English content?
Are you interested in working with respected brands and organizations to tell their stories to an international audience through content marketing?
Would you like to work in a creative, collaborative team where your ideas can make a real difference?
With 5 million monthly readers and nine country editions, The Local is Europe’s premier network of English-language news sites.
The Local has also been a pioneer in native advertising and branded content, producing sponsored articles on behalf of clients since 2010. In 2014, we established our Client Studio to provide our growing roster of clients with a range of commercial services, from branded content to strategic communications to social media support.
As a Commercial Content Journalist you will have a central role in The Local’s Client Studio in Stockholm.
The best way for our clients to talk to our readers is by providing what they come to The Local for: high quality, informative and engaging content. Your primary responsibility will be writing this content on behalf of our clients – and often in close collaboration with them. This could include everything from an article about why expats should get health insurance or a report on a tourist destination to an interview with a prominent business figure or a piece on the benefits of getting an international MBA.
The role also entails a great deal of direct interaction with clients, and thus requires a service-minded approach to your work. You will need to be capable of taking client feedback on board and helping to build a bridge between the client’s message and what the audience wants to read.
You will also work closely with our Commercial Content Editor to maintain an efficient content delivery process so that all assignments are completed to deadline.
As well as a creative and stimulating work environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits.
- have a university degree and a minimum of 2 years’ journalism experience
- are fast at writing and a meticulous proof-reader
- believe that writing, and indeed working, should be fun
- like to get your hands dirty with both words and numbers
- are skilled in finding, creating, and editing digital images
- are curious and enjoy meeting new people from all walks of life
- aren’t afraid to pick up the phone and talk to strangers about things you don’t understand
- know your way around Google Analytics and can manipulate and analyse data in spreadsheets
- enjoy creative collaboration as part of a small team and are bubbling with ideas
- have lived and worked abroad and understand the experience of adjusting to life in a foreign country
- have native-level English writing skills (proficiency in other languages, particularly Swedish, German or French, is a big plus)
This role is based in Stockholm. Interested candidates should submit a CV, writing samples, and a brief introduction email with ‘Commercial Content Journalist’ as the subject to: