BERLIN, GERMANY – PERMANENT – FULL TIME – MID TO SENIOR LEVEL
Arweave’s mission is to create a global, permanent hard drive on a new type of blockchain. On this new, permanent, hard drive we intend to build an uncensorable archive of human knowledge and history.
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic communications professional who thrives to provide outstanding customer service and who will take great care of our community of fans, followers, and backers, growing said community as we move forward with the project.
- Liaise with Arweave’s core team to identify social media communications priorities, challenges and opportunities.
- Handle communications tasks independently across multiple channels and work under minimum supervision.
- Ensure the regular creation and distribution of adequate content on all of Arweave’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Telegram, Discord, Medium)
- Manage a small group of 3 community moderators on Telegram.
- Draw up, review and adapt communications guidelines to streamline community management efforts.
- Manage the production and editing of blog posts and other community-focused online content.
- Develop, plan, execute and monitor projects to engage and grow our current community of fans, developers, and backers, and create initiatives to expand our community further.
- Provide timely and adequate customer service to inbound support requests from fans, followers, backers, customers and supporters via social media and email.
- You’re willing to learn and are technically minded.
- You are able to work proactively, taking the initiative and working independently to create and execute initiatives for strengthening and also growing the Arweave community.
- You exhibit empathy within your responses and with the copy that you create. Also, you need to be able to type quickly and reply to customer emails in impeccable English.
- A professional background in social media community management, customer service, journalism or media and communications.
- You live and breathe social media and are able to share your enthusiasm for outstanding customer service.
- In your approach to working on communications challenges, you display great attention to detail.
- You’re a self-organized individual who thrives in an international startup environment.
- You can practice and employ common sense in customer service. An advanced level of courteousness and etiquette is essential, as well as a high degree of patience when dealing with community members in all matters.
- You have extensive previous experience handling customer service requests.
- Previous contact with the crypto industry is highly desirable, but not required.
The role will be based in our office in Berlin. We are looking to fill the position immediately.
To apply, and if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us via email at india [at] arweave.org.
By providing permanent, low-cost, and truly censorship-free data storage for everyone, we strive to democratize the information space. To achieve this, our team has built and now maintains an online, open source, blockchain-based network providing decentralised data storage distributed worldwide.
We are an English-language team of very skilled and highly motivated professionals and entrepreneurs with diverse academic and professional backgrounds.
In spring 2018, we graduated from the Techstars Berlin accelerator programme and have access to a worldwide network of expert advisors and investors.
We’ve raised a total of $8.7 million in several funding rounds from institutional investors and the wider community via a token crowdsale.
Arweave is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from everybody.
Date: August 30, 2018