Who are Videoslots?
We were born in 2011 as a result of a handful of entrepreneurs who not only had a knack for entertaining others but also an affinity with the iGaming industry. They teamed up and went about building an industry leader, setting the bar to an all-new high. Now in just under nine years we now offer over 4,000 games from 134 different game providers and we’re set to keep on growing! Naturally, we can't do all of this as well as all the exciting things we have lined up for the years to follow without the living legends that make our business the success it is today.
What will you be doing?
As a Development Team Lead, you will be driving the design, implementation, and delivery of full-stack solutions while leading, coaching, and mentoring a team of Software Engineers. You will be leveraging your communication, leadership, and software expertise and work within a fast-moving environment to deliver solutions that have a broad business impact. Your main tasks will be to:
- Own the design, implementation, and delivery of full-stack solutions.
- Report on the status of development, quality, and system performance.
- Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Hire, coach, and mentor Software Engineers.
- Design, implement, test, and maintain innovative software solutions.
- Establish and maintain the use of software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all team deliverables.
- Write high-quality distributed system software.
- Contribute to the architecture and design of new and current systems.
- Perform code reviews.
- Collaborate with other teams and departments to gather and/or share information relating to team activities.
Who are you?
- You have 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- You have 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and current systems.
- You have a working knowledge of Unix/Linux and object-oriented programming in PHP, Java or C#.
- You have strong software development qualities including the ability to drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, good technical judgment, clear communication, engagement, and teamwork, and can drive quality.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field.
- You have experience in fostering a culture of modern engineering practices.
- You have excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Previous experience with leading software teams would be considered an advantage.
- Previous experience running teams using Agile Development methodologies would be considered an advantage.
What do we offer?
- Private health insurance
- Birthday leave
- Additional marriage leave
- Additional paternity leave
- 5 days of your sick leave to care for your sick child
- 1 volunteer day
- Flexible start and finish times (except for teams who work shifts)
- Free transport home for late-night shifts
- Refer a friend bonus
- Wellness allowance
- Professional development support
- Department team building activities
- Monthly get-togethers and activities
- Wednesday and Friday Breakfasts
- Daily fresh fruit, tea, and coffee
- Party tickets and free beach club access
- Relocation package and assistance
- Company loyalty trip
Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice here prior to clicking 'apply