Berlin Metropolitan School is the largest international school in Berlin with a total enrolment of 1000 students, consisting of 50 nationalities and 200 employees. BMS is an IB World School delivering the IBPYP in the primary years culminating in the IBDP in Grade 12. BMS is also an authorized Cambridge Exams center and a recognized school by the State of Berlin, which enables the Middle School to deliver an international curriculum including IGCSE and German State MSA qualifications.
• Assist and support the Executive Director and Business Director in any organizational and administrative duties
• Daily correspondence in English with the whole school team and school community
• Conduct research, prepare reports and create PowerPoint presentations
• Assist with the coordination and management of special projects and events
• Travel coordination, arrange and scheduling meetings
• Conscientious organization of the front desk incl. telephone, handling information requests and receiving visitors
• General office management including material administration, mail processing and filing system
• English language skills on a native speaker level including the ability to write typed material and proofread for
grammatical, typographical or spelling errors; very good German language skills
• Completed commercial education and/or completed relevant degree
• Several years of experience in assisting role, ideally to the CEO
• Excellent communication skills, social competency and intercultural awareness
• A confident and friendly appearance as well as a pro-active and independent, reliable operation
• Excellent knowledge in MS Office
We offer an attractive and responsible job with the opportunity for continuous personal development. We provide a modern, inspiring working environment with international employees and an open school community in the heart of Berlin. You have the opportunity to grow in an interesting environment and to define new quality standards in the field of education together with us. Our school culture is characterized by a special team spirit and supportive cooperation, which is characterized by continuous shared learning and joint activities such as our “Staff Workouts”.
Besides, we offer free lunch, fruits and drinks in our cafeteria and staff area.
Qualified candidates are invited to send their complete application to the attention of Silke Friedrich, Executive Director at the link below.