Nestlé Research, Lausanne, Switzerland
Knowledge in physical chemistry of lipids
In the frame of food products, Lipid competences are crucial. Expertise in lipids chemistry & fat crystallisation enable mastering full product functionality, processability and sensory quality. Such expertise is also instrumental to develop impactful innovative products resonating with trends.
A day in the life of a Junior Research Assistant in Lipids
- Autonomously manage / coordinate research activities within larger projects (incl. meetings)
- Prepare and carry out experiments by developing one or several working methods and/or protocols, and show polyvalent knowledge applicable to various fields
- Prototyping: lead execution of fast prototyping on your own concepts or peers
- Provide technical/scientific qualified support to projects by assisting project managers in the selection of processes, methods, etc.
- Present methods and results at department and Nestlé Research level, and write communications and reports
What will make you successful
- Master level
- Knowledge in physical chemistry of lipids, especially understanding the science of fat structuring approaches for controlling texture, stability and saturated fat reduction in food applications
- Knowledge in the field of food science
- Team-player with good communication skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Creative, dynamic and willing to learn
- Result focus, quick and effective
We are Nestlé, the largest food and beverage company. We are 308,000 employees strong driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our values are rooted in respect: repect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity and respect for our future. With more than CHF 91.4 billion sales in 2018, we have an expansive presence with 413 factories in more than 85 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we’ll offer you a dynamic inclusive international working environment with many opportunities across different businesses, functions and geopraphies, working with diverse teams and cultures. Want to learn more? Visit us at www.nestle.com.