LEGAL COUNSEL (Maternity leave cover) (m/f),
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Reports to: CEO
Basis: Full time
Term: 9-12 months (maternity leave cover)
Salary: Negotiable, based on qualifications and experience
Benefits: By negotiation
Starting Date: ASAP
Amatheon Agri is a European agribusiness and farming company developing and operating sustainable agriculture and food projects in Sub-Saharan Africa, headquartered in Berlin.
Coupled with the experience of its management, the company secures its success through the development of new, large scale irrigated agriculture operations, the application of state-of-the-art farming techniques and vertical integration across the agricultural value chain.
With its network of global and local strategic partners, Amatheon creates shareholder value, community improvement as well as increased and improved food production.
Amatheon offers unique individual employment opportunities with a focus on sustainability and development of local Sub-Saharan markets.
The international team in Berlin HQ drives project development, strategic expansion and provides finance, legal, HR and sustainability services to the group.
For a term of up to one year, you will be the Amatheon Group’s sole Legal Counsel working across incredibly diverse areas of law and business advice. You will provide advice to senior management on matters ranging from corporate governance, M&A, corporate finance, shareholders agreements to general business topics. In addition, you will draft and review contracts and joint venture agreements, conduct legal research, and provide in-house legal services to all business units in the Amatheon Group. A good network of external counsel is in place to support you.
The position requires a high degree of independence, common sense and initiative. You will be working in an environment where unusual and exciting problems arise every day. You will need to be self-motivated and able to problem solve, taking into account all aspects of the business. It is truly an exciting opportunity to be working with a growing and ambitious company operating in a number of challenging markets.
- Managing the corporate governance of the group, including:
- Preparing board meetings, minutes, filings;
- Executing capital increases, debt conversions, other share transactions;
- Observing all regulatory and filing requirements across jurisdictions – including public company regulation
- Coordinate M&A projects from the legal angle i.e. liaising with external lawyers for due diligence processes and contract drafting, as well as for ad hoc projects in their development phase
- Drafting and reviewing contracts, including inter-company financing agreements, NDAs, grain sale contracts, consultancy and employment agreements etc.
- Providing practical business advice to senior management taking into account risk management
- Conducting legal research and providing advice on various legal matters within different jurisdictions, including corporate, commercial, contractual, employment etc.
- Handling highly sensitive information
Qualifications and Experience
- Law Degree and admission to practice with at least 3 years post-admission experience (no current practicing certificate necessary); familiarity with the common law system would be a plus;
- Previous in-house experience, particularly working for a publicly listed company would be an asset;
- Native English language skills; some German language skills would be an asset;
- Sound judgement and ability to use common sense to find practical solutions;
- Exceptional organisational, and written and verbal communication skills;
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, demonstrating strong time management skills;
- Handling confidential information and ensuring its security;
- Strong PC skills.
- Valid work permit for employment in Germany
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application including your salary expectation and earliest possible starting date by e-mail to email@example.com. Please title your email ‘Legal Counsel: [your name]’.