Postgres Database Engineer – This is a long term contract opportunity for an experienced Engineer for our Zurich based client in the financial sector.
- 6+ years’ experience in database engineering with RDBMS with proficiency in using PostgreSQL regarding system engineering, system administration and operations as well as performance monitoring and tuning
- Familiarity with high-availability setups including recovery, replication and backup
- Strong understanding of software engineering for infrastructure projects as well as of GNU/Linux systems engineering and administration
- Profound knowledge in SQL and Shell, Java is advantageous
- Good collaborations skills for interactions with internal and external resources as well as business owners on a technical and non-technical level
- Languages: fluent English both written and spoken, German is beneficial
- Participating in the PaaS team and contributing to the development and improvement of a Postgres DBaaS platform
- Providing a high degree of automation and high quality functionalities for end-users
- Standardization of the in-house developed tooling to provision and maintain the Postgres platform and services
- Contributing to REST API developments, security designs, code reviews as well as platform engineering
- Ensuring that operations are consistent with Site Reliability Engineering and DevOps principles
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Did this spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurance, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we can unfortunately only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
Going the extra mile…
New to Switzerland? In case of successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health – and social insurance
- Work permit and much more