Senior Business Analyst – Re-insurance/Reporting/Finance Integration
For one of our clients we are looking for an experienced Business Analyst who is able to work in several IT work streams covering different steps in an overall business value chain and different technologies. The person will be responsible from definition of business requirements to taking them to implementation, incl. test support, gain the critical business users (subject matter experts) and management support and finally manage all external stakeholders and implementation suppliers in effective manner.
– Gather business requirements from the relevant business functions and drive the sign-offs from the management stakeholders.
– Translate selected business requirements into meaningful work packages and activities.
– Produce requirement specifications and outline solution design documents throughout the project life cycle, incorporating change requests and finalization of requirements documentation.
– Elaborate the implementation plan considering the various applications involved, other ongoing project initiatives and all internal and external stakeholders.
– Drive and coordinate implementation, define test strategy and perform the SIT tests before the solution is submitted to business users; ensure proper business user testing.
– Collaborates with project manager to build Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope and development of a high level plan.
– Various reporting duties as owner of the reporting work stream.
– Support post implementation activities including problem solving and measurement of benefits. In case expected benefits not achieved support the analysis to determine root cause.
– S/he will be confronted with different market technologies (SAP, MS Dynamics, reporting tools, Cloud solutions) and development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Waterfall).
– Sufficient business analysis experience to plan, conduct and facilitate workshops with experienced business users from different functions; ensure production of associated deliverables.
– Communicate effectively through different mediums at all levels. Ability to conduct stakeholder management in a complex environment where availability of experienced business users is limited and competing priorities exist across the organization
– Experience in the insurance or finance industry – expected work will be in area of re-insurance, reporting, finance integration, archiving.
– Ability to work in a dynamic team where activities are based on capabilities, skills and willingness to help each other.
– Ability to take ownership of own activities and execute technical or business tasks yourself where needed (document WS results, execute tests) to make the project happen according to the implementation plan agreed with the business.
– Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal coaching, can work on multiple work-streams in parallel
– Self-reliant, independent, pro-active
– University degree or equivalent, preferably in Accounting and Finance.
– Fluent in English
– German (Nice to have)
Reference No.: 917390NC
Role: Senior Business Analyst
Location: Zurich und Region
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 Months
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. If the position is not a perfect match and you wish to receive other opportunities directly, you can send us your CV anyway via this advert or to jobs[at]itcag[dot]com.
Contact us for further information regarding our company, our positions or our attractive payroll-only-program: +41 41 760 77 01.
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2008 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.