System Engineer Windows Server and Virtualisation Operations vacancy for a globally operating Basel based company in the banking sector.
- 5+ years of experience with building, configuring and maintaining Windows Server operating systems including knowhow of Windows Server technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, IIS and File System Security
- 3+ years of practice in building, maintaining and operating VMware as hypervisor along with a profound understanding of storage especially NetApp Storage systems as well as network and compute in an enterprise virtualisation setting
- Background in 2nd and 3rd level support including incident and problem management as well as troubleshooting technical issues
- Competency of planning, testing, implementing and managing Group Policies as well as of creating and improving technical documentation
- Knowledge in enterprise backup solutions and technologies such as Veeam Backup and Replication or equivalent solutions for virtualised environments
- Familiarity with cloud based technologies including Azure and AWS as well as with datacenter technologies
- Languages: fluent English both written and spoken
- Building, configuring and maintaining Windows Server operating systems
- Following change management procedures and processes
- Participating in enterprise virtualisation operations and IT initiatives
- Providing 2nd and 3rd level support including incident and problem management in an enterprise environment
- Managing Group Policies and establishing backup solutions
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Did this spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurance, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we can unfortunately only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
Going the extra mile
New to Switzerland? In case of successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health – and social insurance
- Work permit and much more