Hull’s School (Zurich) is looking for a full-time teacher of Biology. This is a permanent position.
Hull’s School, a private English College (Gymnasium) in Zurich, Switzerland (www.hullschool.ch), is looking for a full-time teacher of Biology, beginning August 2018. This would be a permanent position.
The position would involve teaching to International GCSE and/or A-Level specifications, to classes of mostly Swiss German students, mostly ages 15 to19, who do a four-year “Gymnasium” programme at our school. All classes would be conducted solely in English. Maximum class size is 16 students.
To be considered, applicants must have:
- Significant successful experience teaching Biology classes at comparable levels to ours.
- Some significant degree of relevant teacher training.
- Good communication skills in English.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Biology or Biochemistry.
- Swiss or EU nationality, or valid Swiss work and residency permits.
- A passion for teaching and sincere interest in the welfare of your students.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially and effectively in a team.
Ideal candidates will also be experienced in:
- Teaching to GCSE, IGCSE and/or A-Level specifications.
- Teaching groups of ten or more students.
- Teaching teen-agers.
- Teaching subjects in English, especially to students whose native language is not English,
Ability to teach Maths, Physics and/or Chemistry would also be a plus, but is not required.
Please send your cover letter, CV and three references to Academic Director Jack Wildemann at firstname.lastname@example.org