Are you a client-focused, self-motivated sales professional with a natural flair for media sales? Then you might be our new colleague!
Here at The Local we believe that the better you understand the world around you, the more you can contribute to it. We support this by producing news and native advertising (branded content) for our 6 million monthly readers that boost their understanding of the European countries they live in, visit, or do business with.
Now we’re seeking an experienced, personable, entrepreneurial and ambitious media sales professional to help with our mission. You’ll join our small, international and friendly team in Stockholm, although we don’t expect you to be in the office all the time as we offer a highly flexible work-from-home policy.
We offer a fun, creative working environment and the chance to work on projects that will make you feel proud.
About the role
We have an established sales operation with tried-and-tested products and long-standing partnerships with clients including Stockholm University, Hello Fresh, Visit Sweden and AXA. In 2018, we took home bronze in the Best Use of Online Media category at the Native Advertising Awards for ‘A Woman’s Place’, a gender equality initiative run in partnership with Invest Stockholm.
Your job will build and expand on that success and take on a few existing clients, but with an even greater focus on bringing in new business from our target sectors – focusing particularly on our award-winning content offering.
Specifically, you will:
- Drive your own sales development, from effective prospecting through to deal closing and re-selling/upselling, to ensuring that you meet or exceed your sales targets
- Proactively build a list of key partnerships with customers in our focus sectors: financial services, insurance, education, expat services, government agencies and travel
- Build long-term relationships with company owners, marketing directors, marketing managers, media buyers and communications executives
- Continuously engage with clients to understand their businesses and how The Local can best help them to communicate with our audience of high value, global ‘cosmopolitans’
We would like for you to have:
- At least two years’ experience of content or digital media sales from a publisher or communications agency
- A proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets
- Some experience of living and working abroad and a global mindset
- Self-motivation with an entrepreneurial drive and a genuine passion for closing deals
- A professional manner in all environments and with different types of decision makers
- The spirit of a true team player: we are a small team who celebrate each others successes
- Exceptional client management skills: be a client advocate and understand the value of long-term relationship building
- Native-level spoken and written English, additional languages a huge bonus
We are unfortunately unable to offer sponsorship for a work permit so please do not apply unless you are a holder of a European passport or already have a work permit for Sweden.
If you think that you could be the person we are looking for please send your CV and a personal letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – use the subject line Account Manager/Business Development Manager – Sweden.
If you have any questions about the role, please reach out to our Sales Director Anna Agebjörn: email@example.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
About The Local:
We see a great commercial future in quality news. With a combination of a high-value audience, unique international content, proven advertising products and deep client relationships, The Local has become Europe’s largest independent network for English-language news.
Today, our editorial operation spans nine countries and attracts over six million readers each month, as well as over one million social media followers. We work with a range of great advertiser brands across the globe that want to talk to our international expat audience.