The Local is an English-language online news network, with eleven sites in nine countries and more than 5 million readers each month. With an entertaining blend of daily news, features and communities, our sites have become essential reading for foreign professionals
We are now looking for an analytical and data-driven candidate to take the role of Ad Operations Manager.
Working closely with the account managers, you will manage the delivery of a wide range of advertising and sponsorship campaigns for web and mobile, rich media campaigns, email marketing and integrated content across The Local’s 11 websites. You will also manage our ad delivery partners and have direct responsibility for this revenue stream.
The ad ops manager is the spider in our commercial web, linking sales to the news sites and transforming campaigns into revenue. The role involves many different tasks, including, but not exclusively:
- Supporting Sales Representatives, discussing and presenting strategies to deliver campaign results; translate client goals and objectives into specific actionable tactics
- Support Sales with inventory estimation and analysis for all new campaigns
- Managing campaigns from set up stage to reporting, including trafficking and optimizing in DFP
- Forecasting campaign performance taking into consideration past performance and future goals
- Ensuring that our inventory is being used in a way the ensures greatest financial return
- Serving as primary point of contact for our technology partners, managing the relationship to produce the best results
- Proactively recommending opportunities to improve campaign performance and grow client investment
- Providing guidance for industry best practices
- Being the primary point-of-contact for backfill partners and proactively managing their feeds for best revenue results
Desired Skills & Experience
- You are driven by a strong desire to see the campaigns you are managing be more profitable and more efficient
- You have experience with the online ad serving technology and software; knowledge of DFP would be an added advantage
- You have proven success managing multiple clients and confidence in analyzing and acting on performance data and campaign metrics
- You are experienced and confident with Google Analytics; certification would be an advantage as would experience of Google Adsense/AdExchange
- You demonstrate an outstanding ability to multi-task while operating in an environment of frequently changing priorities
- You have the ability to manage the demands of various team members and partners
- You have a positive attitude with strong attention to detail and like to work independently
- You pride yourself on your can-do attitude and your ability to provide 1st class service and support
If you think you have what it takes, please send your CV and a brief introduction (in English) to email@example.com. Please use “Ad Operations Manager” as your subject line.