Pufin ID A/S is a funded Copenhagen-based venture that has developed a novel approach to uniquely identify every object in existence using optical Physical Unclonable Functions, or PUFs. A PUF is a unique object fingerprint which is impossible to replicate, thus enabling an irrefutable link between physical goods and their digital records. This technology has enormous potential to tackle trillion-dollar problems from product counterfeiting to tracking items through the circular economy.
Are you a seasoned quality and operations professional seeking a break from the corporate routine? Would you like to apply your skills at an innovative startup exploring the margin between Materials Science and Artificial Intelligence?
To help us achieve our goal of delivering our optical PUF technology to market, we are now seeking a Chief Operating Officer. This is a critical new hire for the business that will be responsible for driving key quality processes for commercialisation of our PUF technology to enable us to create world class products which are safe and efficient.
This is a full-time position based in Copenhagen, Denmark. We are only considering candidates eligible to work in the European Union. Any applicant without current EU work authorisation and/or requiring sponsorship will not be considered.
If you’re interested in a challenge that crosses the boundaries between the physical and virtual, and if you’re keen on doing it in one of the coolest cities in the world – Copenhagen – then we’d love to hear from you!
You are responsible for:
* Developing a Quality Management System (QMS) for Pufin ID object labelling technology that will be put into use for medical, industrial, financial, consumer and governmental applications.
* Establishing a Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure oversight of multiple ongoing material & software development processes.
* Facilitating the CAPA and audit finding processes, ensuring compliance of our organisation related to international and internal regulations and procedures
* Facilitating document control practices, approval of QMS procedures, and QMS training for staff.
* Formalising the company’s risk management process that will be applied across customer projects.
* Optimising service delivery to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Developing and maintaining KPIs for these processes.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
* BSc/MSc degree education
* At least 5 years’ experience as a Quality Manager and/or Project Manager in a regulated industry.
* Experience in developing QMS standards in a highly-regulated environment (pharmaceuticals, medical devices, food processing, banking, government & defence) will work strongly in favour of the candidate.
* Knowledge and experience in Quality Management System maintenance and development
* Experience or understanding of Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA) process, Root Cause Analysis tools, or proven experience in problem solving.
* Systematic, analytic and precise mindset. Passionate and positive attitude. Strive for high performance and quality.
* Ability to successfully incorporate and manage stakeholder needs. Ability to build consensus at all levels including with global customers.
* Good skills in written/spoken English.
* Ability to adapt to a friendly, small, fast-growing startup environment – everyone’s job is to get the job done.
This would be an ideal role for an experienced individual working in a corporate environment seeking a career change within a funded technology startup. A sense of humour is a must. A tolerance for 1980s heavy metal would help.