Butter is a new, venture-backed company, which is looking to revolutionise the way we think about salary and money. We believe that the 30-day pay cycle is outdated, and that salary should be available as soon as you have earned it.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant, who is excited to be involved with and make meaningful impact in a fast-moving company with a grand vision. It will likely be equal parts fun and hard work, and 100% be a great learning experience.
We want to create financial empowerment for especially shift workers, who we want to help make better financial decisions and have more freedom.
We do this by a) giving them access to their salary on-demand, b) giving them an overview of their net earnings in real-time.
We believe a closer link between pay and work will lead to more motivated employees, who make better decisions for themselves.
We have recently raised a large seed round from Founders and Vækstfonden, and are now in the phase of learning about our target group & building a product they LOVE.
The company was founded by Kristian (CTO) and Jonatan (CEO). Jonatan learned the ropes at Oliver Wyman in London and has been working in different parts of the start-up world over the last 4 years, working with everything from venture to management position at a scale-up. Kristian learned the ropes working for C25 clients at Deloitte, before moving to Novo Nordisk – he has also previously founded 2 startups.
We are co-located with our investors, Founders, who are heavily involved and support us on Design, Growth, and Tech – with the Partners involved on a weekly basis.
We are a young and dynamic team, who think we do our best work when we are also having fun – at the moment we are the two co-founders, a designer, 2 junior developers, a user researcher and a lawyer, and are excited to welcome the next person to the team!
As Butter is growing, there is a vast increase in the amount of tasks in Commercial, People, Operations and Administration of the company. Up until now the CEO has taken care of all the areas, but is now looking to find someone who will be able to work as a right-hand for the CEO. The work will be wide-ranging, which will range from setting up processes, to managing ad-hoc tasks and deep thinking on more strategic topics. The work could include anything from setting up a payroll process, to finding locations for a photo-shoot with a short deadline, figuring out how to best on-board clients, or even taking on more strategic tasks such as the best way for our clients to automatically pay us.
We are a startup so the job is not 100% planned out – things may pop up which we’ll need your support on.
Daily activities could include (depending on the candidate):
* Operations / Strategic topics:
* Developing & implement processes across a range of areas, as needs arise
* Owning specific strategic or operational projects (e.g. setting up automatic payments from clients – how do we best do it?)
* People Topics:
* On-going processes (Payroll, lunch system, on-boarding of employees)
* Interviewing candidates
* Reviewing CVs
* Writing contracts
* Own employee handbook (see: https://www.notion.so/Butter-Home-82ca87398e6d4538966291b5ec331a41)
* Ad-hoc tasks
* Managing calendars
We are looking for exceptional people with great energy and a good sense of humour. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, and not be afraid to move fast and change direction if need be.
We expect you to:
* Be on your 3rd year of your Bachelor or 1st year of your Masters degree
* Thrive in a fast-paced environment – almost to the degree where others would describe you as impatient
* Work in a structured manner, where no tasks fall between the cracks
* Be fun and have a good sense of humour – be willing to contribute to this being a fun place to work
* Be a problem-solver who enjoys setting things up so they work better tomorrow than they do today
* Be excited by building a big company from scratch, and be willing to grow personally on the way there
* Be able to work part-time at our office in Copenhagen (though you are free to choose to work remotely as well).
You should expect to work 10-15 hours per week.
We are in the midst of building an awesome product and can’t wait to on-board you – so we will hire the right candidate as soon as we find him/her.
Our offices are at Founders, Skelbækgade 2, right next to Kødbyen. It’s an awesome space with ping-pong, coffee, snacks, free lunch and a great rooftop terrace.
If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact Jonatan directly on: 52 80 06 85.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a CV directly to Jonatan.